Friday, February 27, 2015

Emily's Birthday Weekend

I think that I'm finally alright with the idea that life won't always be rainbows and butterflies. That sometimes famous bassists won't be messaging me, wanting me to go to their concerts.

I've settled into having a more relaxed life and I am truly happy. I stopped being sad over love (because I really shouldn't be basing my entire life off of other people's happiness) and I am now on a path to do things for myself. I shouldn't distract myself, daydreaming about what someone else is doing somewhere else.

This past weekend, I went home for Emily's birthday. The annoying 11-hour train ride was surprisingly a pleasant experience. I got to watch the sun rise from a train in Santa Barbara and I think that was the first time I've actually done something for myself, on my own. I think I just needed a friendly reminder that my life is fine, that I have people that care about me, and I just need to take a few breathers sometimes.

Emily's birthday was so much fun. I'm pretty sure Emily, Romina, and I laughed our asses off for about 30 minutes, calling each other faggots and "niggas" in my room. It seems dumb, but it's nice to not care about what we're saying. I always laugh the hardest when I'm with them. We went off to a fancy restaurant called The Villa, where they gave us blankets to use while we froze our asses off in the garden. We then went off along Ventura Blvd. searching for something else to do and eventually found ourselves breaking into a closed carousel for pictures. On Saturday we went off to Ventura County and just hung out in the cute lil' downtown area (where there were mustached men everywhere!!). We ended off the night eating ramen in Hollywood and having boba in a cute little cafe across from LACMA. The car ride back home in Sam's soccer mom van was the best part- dancing and singing to The Postal Service, vibing and hand rolling to Glass Animals, and jumping around to The Vaccines. I don't think I'll ever have better friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment